Martes, Nobyembre 27, 2012

My a1 adventure in Cebu (part 1)


 11/22/2012

It started as a crazy idea but since I really do have some crazy blood flowing in my veins... I just had to make it happen!!! It was too spontaneous but everything worked in my favor..Like how I found a cheaper flight even after booking less than a month before the trip..How my arrival night in Cebu falls exactly on my 13th month pay... How I have no leave slots left but had no problems having my boss approve my day-trade...or how I am not close with anyone from Cebu and somehow scored a meet and greet pass, Its surreal!  To top that is the fact that I have such sweet set of friends like Leene who despite the fact that they cannot go on a trip with me, made sure that my trip would go ever so smoothly. I couldn't feel luckier! 

Nov 22 was the day of my flight.

Take note that I went to the airport with my stepdad (who was kind enough to fetch me after work to go there with me) straight from a night shift! My flight was  scheduled at 2pm and I get off work at 8. I live approximately an hour and a half or 2 from work so going home isn't an option for me...I remember feeling so bad that my stepdad had to go there with me cos he wasn't feeling well that day. I had no idea cos I was at work. Since  I still had quite a few hrs left, I treated my stepdad at some fancy place near the airport ..Its absolutely nothing compare to the things he have done for me..I am not really a fan of fancy eating places cos I am a fastfood girl (Im more of a KFC girl :D ) but I really do appreciate my stepdad looking out for me!I wanted to cheer him up :)

So my flight was supposed to leave at 2 but got delayed for atleast an hour...I was getting nervous already cos my meet and greet will take place in Ayala at exactly 6 pm and I have no idea how many minutes it wud take me to get there from Mactan airport but I decided to take my worries off of my head for the meantime and enjoy my first time on the plane (so jologs i know..lol) I was half sure Id be asleep in the middle of the flight but it was too beautiful watching the world from up there, I couldn't keep my eyes off of my window.

So I got there around 4 pm perhaps, and rushed through the exit like its a goddarn finish line! I was too hesitant to take a regular taxi knowing I am not very familiar with the place so I took an airport taxi and the taxi driver was super friendly! He didn't charge much and he was giving me tips like what to look out for, cheap places to stay, what to avoid and even handed out his biz card if I need to be picked up from the hotel to the airport and oh yeah I forgot to mention that at this point, I didn't have a hotel booked yet! LOL
I was that brave, actually scratch that..I was that CRAZY!!!

It was a 45 minutes drive from the airport to AYALA MALL which was right at the center of the city and guess who's the first familiar face I ran into? Like before I could even fix myself up to a washroom and freshen up!?... It was "BEN friggin ADAMS". You wouldn't believe this but I immediately turned and walked the other way..Haba ng hair ko noh!? lol I would never let him see me like that.. Im HAGGARDO VERSOZA to the nth level! lol 

So After I'm finally done with my then much needed touch up..I went down the activity center and to my surprise , found a group of fan girls from Manila who were all from this group named "a1 reunited" that the a1 lads very much loved!  I also saw some old friends from way way back  and we did some quick catching up , I also met the lovely people from the "Cebu loves a1"  club who welcomed me with so much joy, I couldn't feel more welcome! Karen, in particular has been the sweetest thing. She handed me out the meet n greet pass and talked to me like it wasn't the first time we met. I already know at that very time that it'll be a fantastic trip! ..

So the seats were all occupied  and I couldn't seat anywhere near the people I know, not even close to Lui ..... the a1 fan who have been friends with me via FB for the longest time and whom I met the first time that day in Cebu! (How ironic huh!?) We have kinda agreed we'd share a room together to try to save a little..Since she got there a day earlier than me, She have met up with some of her friends from a1 reunited so they were all seated next to each other few rows behind me , Luckily , some guy from Ayala noticed that I do not have a chair so He offered me a seat right in front of the stage.. I couldn't help but wish my friends were there to enjoy such moment with me!

Few minutes more and the lads have arrived singing their sweetest hits serenading the whole mall, You can't help but fall. They sound great together and although I couldn't relate much to the songs no more since I am kind of over that "phase" haha I cant help but get all giddy and dreamy listening to these guys..NOSTALGIA at its finest :)

After the quick sesh was the much awaited meet and greet and sharing with you my photos from what was then my very first KOTA in Cebu haha















I love how I was sandwhiched between these 2 lovely lads! 




















Pinilit talaga maging jowa pic :P

I cant believe that after only 3 hours on Cebu grounds , I have finally achieved my kota haha
I met the lads, scored hugs and kisses and had a photo op with hem already!
Should have been satisfied but nah , Its just the beginning ;)


After the Ayala meet and greet, I met up with my friends from way way back, Like Ate Marie and Nancy and their friend Anne, we all came up with this conclusion that the guys are going out that night cos its Ben's bday! We figured they might be at Magellan's pub cos thats where they hung out last time. Marie and her pals headed straight to the pub while Me and Lui went hotel hunting and boy have i got no idea its going to take us forever to get a hotel cos almost every hotel is either fully booked or too expensive! In the end, we decided we'd stay at Quest hotel which is right in front of Ayala mall. Its a lil pricey but unless we wanna sleep on the streets of Cebu , we had no choice! Well ..I am glad we were left without an option cos it was such a pretty fab hotel!

Here's our  room :)






















We agreed to stay there for a night and we figured we'd look for a cheaper place the morn after.
We stayed a little to freshen up, took a bath and change clothes and took a cab to Magellan's pub :)






 Prior to entering the venue, we already saw their huge coaster parked outside the pub so its impossible to assume that they are not there! I thought that they will be strict but we got in with no problem at all!
Me and Lui had pizza and some drinks..Minutes after, Mark Read was standing 5 steps away from our table saying Hi to everyone!  We went up to him and said Hi and He was complaining about how tired he thought he looked so I had to tell him, I went straight from shift to the airport, Got on a flight with zero sleep and from airport , headed into their meet and greet. Mark looked at me and said "Wow, You look fresh!".I have to admit..Whether he was just being nice or what.."That made my night!"   haha We took some pictures , chatted a bit and here's a photo of Lui and I and my pic with Mark on my first night in Cebu! :)


 Lui girl and I =)


 At Magellan's


Me and Mark Read ♥

We went home that night with big smile on our faces! :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento